February 5, 2017

First Crush - Be My Valentine

Are you ready?
Valentine's Day is coming up soon!
If you're looking for a fun gift to stitch up,
consider making a "Be My Valentine" mug rug.



For this sample,
I used scraps from First Crush by Sweetwater
for Moda, in gray, red and black.



I love the text prints mixed in with hearts and arrows.



This modern line looks great with a bit of wavy quilting detail.



The finished mug rug is so sweet
for serving up a cuppa and a chocolate treat.



No matter which fabrics and ric rac you choose for the
Be My Valentine mug rug,
you're bound to fall in love with it.



The back is cleanly finished, so the mug rug is truly reversible.



Check out my original Be My Valentine post here...



The pattern launch post has more ideas, here.


Soon I'll be back with some shortcuts for this pattern,
in case you're really running out of sewing time.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable Valentine mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This heart mug rug looks beautiful in any fabric! I love that they are reversible, too!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.