July 23, 2016

Hands and Pot Holders

Hello, friends!
How's your summer?


Mine has been rather too eventful for my taste.
We've had some scary health issues in my family,
and yesterday I joined in the drama by breaking my left hand.

{Sad face}


Still, I'm counting my blessings:

1. There was no blood involved.

2. It isn't my dominant hand.

3. We had just returned from a fun vacation...
which is how I tripped over the suitcase and broke my hand,
while carrying a large basket of...

4. CLEAN laundry.

{Happy face}

Now let's get back to some sewing news...
prior to the Laundry Accident I'd been busy making pot holders!
expertly written by Amy at nana Company blog.

I pulled some lime green and cheery red prints from my stash
and whipped up this set in no time.


Cherries make such a sweet kitchen theme, don't they?
I had a piece of fabric called Oh-Cherry-Oh from 
Me and My Sister for Moda.
Delicious!!!



The red and white binding fabric was from the same line.
I used it for the adorable ruffle, too.



The green plaid is from Sugar Hill by Tanya Whelan.
I often use a Frixion pen to mark my quilting lines,
but this diagonal plaid made it really easy to create a grid design.



Tags are fun to create,
especially if you have some fun Japanese ribbon for detail.



Here's the other tag.



The finished pot holders make a great gift
that is functional and fresh.


I love the way every set made from this tutorial looks so different.
Here's another pair I made for a new bride
with a country kitchen.




The fabrics are from Dandelion Girl, by Fig Tree Quilts.
I'm still enjoying the fat quarter bundle I bought to make this quilt.



I made the pair of pot holders similar, but different.
One features gingham, and the other has a pretty tonal leaf print.



The colors are soft and understated,
so I left out the tag detail.



The squishy quilting will make baking even more fun.


That ruffle detail adds romance and style.


Soon I'll be sharing more pot holders and other projects...
I can blog with one hand tied behind my back!



Be careful out there, everyone!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I have a couple of your beautiful pot holders that brighten my kitchen. p.s. I love the rick-rack hanging loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say - hope your hand heals quickly and fully. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy...oh poor you...hope your hand feels better soon and thankful also for clean laundry...the cherry print is perfect for your kitchen. what cute little gifts these make.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely a glass half full kind of gal! I'm sure your doctor said no housecleaning or cooking for a while, but sewing is perfectly ok! Your pot holders are adorable down to the last detail. Julie@TheCraftyQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy! I hope your hand heals quickly! In the mean time, your potholders are beautiful! I need to make those as well. My hubby was just saying yesterday I need to make some potholders because he does not like what we have. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poor hand looks thoroughly hurt. Your positive outlook on what you can be happy about makes me feel happier too Amy. As you know, I'm saying prayers for you and your family!
    I just adore those potholders. What a lovely wedding gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your left hand! Quick recovery!
    Your pot holders are a joy for my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS eventful! I'm so sorry. You will find out how much you really use that hand. Heal quickly.

    Your potholders are just darling.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.