February 2, 2016

Doxie Love - A New Mug Rug

Hello, Friends!
Are there any dog lovers out there?
Do you especially love dachshunds???
I've got something sweet to share with you!
    

I happen to know of a special long haired doxie named Oscar,
whose mommy had a birthday.
I thought I'd stitch up this little mug rug, just for her, 


I've had this fabric in my stash for a few years.
It came from JoAnn and I found it irresistible.
We had a miniature dachshund in my family,
when I was growing up.

I put the novelty fabric together with a few squares of brown polka dots.


If Oscar got a big haircut and dressed himself up
 in a striped sweater,
he would look just like this!


I love that this mug rug is reversible.
I'm so crazy about polka dots and ric rac.


This mug rug will be ready for a cup of coffee any time.


Add a little treat, and it's a happy day.


WAIT a minute!!!
Those are not the treats I meant!!!

{Ginger must have been "helping" me to photograph today.}




Here we go...this is much better.


It's perfect for Valentine's Day
or any other day of the year.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. You cracked me up with Ginger choosing the treats Amy. What a sweet little pup!
    Love your doxie version of your Valentine heart! I started one today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! She will adore her birthday gift,and think of her little Oscar every time she uses her mug rug!
    I just want to squeeze Ginger's cute and plump little nose!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fantastic! I love it! :)
    Hugs, Ulla from Finland

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.