July 4, 2015

More Farm Girl Vintage Blocks...Canning Season, Chicken Foot and Churn Dash

I've been busy trying to catch up with the
Farm Girl Vintage sew along...
and I'm starting to accumulate
lots of pretty blocks.


I had really been looking forward to capturing
some sweet strawberries
in the Canning Season block.
I picked my berry fabrics and cut my pieces out ahead of time.


Later, when there was a bit of time for sewing,
the block went together quickly.


I took a glamour shot with my Pyrex bowls
and my mini design board.

{I LOVE my gingham lids.}


Next up was the Chicken Foot block.
I think I've seen this block around,
but I never gave it much credit...
what a charming design,
especially when some favorite fabrics are used!


The "positive/negative" effect was fun, and
I was really pleased with my sharp HST's.
With the stitching method used in this block
there was no need to oversize and trim!


Then it was time for a Churn Dash block...
always one of my most favorite quilt blocks!
I chose a fresh navy, yellow and blue palette for mine.


I think this block is one of the best designs ever...
so simple and pretty...great for a beginner to make.


Soon this pretty block was born.


I love the bright 30's style prints I'm using...
mostly Fresh Air by American Jane,
with some Bake Sale by Lori Holt,
assorted polka dots,

{I REALLY LOVE that one in the upper right corner...Betty's Green.}


Stop by again soon, for more Farm Girl Vintage fun!


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous blocks!! Each block is my new favorite! I love your fabrics, and especially the splashes of yellow !
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your fabrics! Beautiful! The first block made in the sew along shown in your top photo is gorgeous in red, blue, navy and yellow. Its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you are using too Amy - those are some of my very favorite designers. So fresh and pretty! Your blocks are turning out beautifully and you are catching up quite quickly - Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, your blocks are looking sooo good! Love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.