December 29, 2013

Tea Time - A Thoughtful Mug Rug

Hello, friends!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!
I enjoyed seeing our family and friends
and celebrating this most wonderful holiday
with all of the special foods and music!

{With a dining room table filled with gift wrap and cookies,
I took a self-imposed hiatus from my sewing machine,
but I hope to be back in business any minute.}

Remember when I was making my
using Susan Branch illustrations and phrases,
from a fabric panel?


I've still got quite a stack of sweet sentiments left,
and I've used one of them to make
this charming little mug rug,
just right for tea time.

{I loved the colors from my Rainy Day pinnie, so I used that palette.}


Here you can read the lovely quote by Louisa May Alcott...


This was a simple patchwork design...
I just framed the quotation in lots of my favorite prints.


Many of them happen to be from the Bake Sale line...


since I've been having so much Quilty Fun lately!


I added lots and lots of straight-line quilting this time.

{Those lines are only about 1/4" or so apart.}


The quilting really shows up on the back side.  Great texture, huh?


As usual, I have fusible fleece inside the layers.
It makes for a nice flat mug rug...
so my mug won't tip over.



I wish I could invite each of you to join me
for a nice cup of tea...


But that's what blogs are for, right?
Come back often, and stay for a while!


I've made sew many wonderful friends through blogging and sewing,
and I wish each of you, near and far,
a very Happy New Year ahead,
filled with good health and good stitching!
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - those are so sweet!! And will you share where you got your lovely labels from?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used such delightful colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Such beautiful work you have done.
    Love all the bright colours, gorgeous.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and cheerful! These are all great designs. The sayings make it fun and exciting. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post! Love all the eye candy! Have a good new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, Amy!! I love the quilting and that fabric panel rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Mug Rug !! I adore anything to do with tea... Happy Holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely….makes me want to set my mug on your rug!! I think the quilting is wonderful and fabrics so cheerful. Enjoy reading your blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! A cheerful post, thank you! I'll stay for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little cushions and mug rug are gorgeous, I love the sentiment. Wishing you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful fabrics in this dear little mug rug!
    Happy New Year wishes to you, too!!

    Susie (who lives too far away from you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my most favorite mug rug EVER. The quote is wonderful, the fabric so pretty and the workmanship is awesome. Happy new Year to you and wishing 2014 is as fabulous as your little pinnies.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, I feel as though I've enjoyed a real cup of tea with you! Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a happy little mug rug! I love the words - they really bring it to life and add the perfect sentimental touch. I hope you have a fabulous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice mug rug. Happy New Year to you. I look forward to seeing what kind of sewing projects you do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love anything susan branch •*¨*•☆.。.•*

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.