December 2, 2013

Sewing Baskets for Quilty Fun

I'm having a blast with the Quilty Fun sew along!
This week we're making Sewing Basket blocks.


These were sew easy to put together...
I think I spent less than an hour making mine.

I kind of named my blocks to myself, based on the fabrics...
this one is Bake Sale.


Then there's my Flower Sugar basket.


And finally the Vintage Modern one.


I used my Angler 2 tool to make this project so easy.
It saves a lot of marking
and adds more accuracy to my stitching.


Once I was done sewing the baskets,
I had a little stack of triangular trimmings
that just seemed a bit too big to throw away.


I decided to draw a line about 1/4" away from
the trimmed edge, at a 45 degree angle.

I stitched all of the little pairs together...


then pressed them open and trimmed them
to exactly 1 1/4" squares.

{I wonder what I'm going to do with these?}


I think I'll try to make more of those teeny little
half-square triangles, whenever I'm trimming
more blocks for the Quilty Fun projects,
and see what I can make from them later.

While I was photographing my blocks,
I discovered WHAT FUN it is to use Instagram!!!



I'm always a little bit late to the party,
but if you'd like to follow me,
my Instagram name is eamylove.

Hope to see you there!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. HA! I just loaded Instagram and have NO idea how to use it. Love your little baskets and triangles. I have a bunch of little triangles from a recent project that I just can't bare to toss, guess I know what I'll be doing with them. Question about your angler - I have one and I like it a LOT! The one thing I find kind of a pain is changing the bobbin. I have my angler stuck down with sticky dots, do you? When you change out a bobbin do you do a "recheck" of your stitches to see if you are back on track and they are the 1/4" they are supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying this sew-along. Each week is small enough and can be fitted in here and there. Even so, I am running a day or two behind. It is very scrappy and I am hoping it all comes together nicely at the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the best time this morning g catching up on your blog!! My book just came the other day and I can't wait to get started!! Thank you so much for always being such an inspiration. I know I say that a lot but its so true!! Love love love what you did with the extra triangles!! I have no doubt you will do something very creative with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely baskets Amy :) You have the most delicious fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your baskets!! Such pretty fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-DOR+ABLE!!! but really as if anything you make is less than.... I am so sad not to be quilting along in your fun! I am waiting for a little peti cash, maybe Santa will leave some in my stocking.... But seriously I can't wait to see it all come together, your fabrics play off each other so yummily!! Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your baskets! The fabric you've used is beautiful and the sewing perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.