December 4, 2013

Handmade Holidays from All Year Long - 2013

I really really really love Christmas...
especially the handmade decorations
and cookies that go along with it.

Last December I finally acknowledged to myself
that the month of December
is probably the month when I actually sew the least!
No wonder, since I do my sewing in the dining room.

That's why I decided to try to make at least one
Christmas-y handmade / handsewn item
every month, during 2013.

Would you like to see a review of my year
of handmade holiday stitching?

a Snowflake pillow made from a vintage quilt.


Mini Christmas stockings from the Fig Tree Quilts pattern.


March...
a Cherry Christmas table runner from the Cotton Way Candy pattern.


April...
a Paper Snowflake Pillow from my own tutorial.


May...
a Divided Basket from the Noodlehead pattern.


June...
Some Christmas gift tags using a tutorial by Nana Company.


July...
First, a Topiary Tree Pillow from my own free tutorial...




August...
Christmas Pinwheel mug rugs.


a Christmas mug rug from The Patchsmith's Ticker Tape pattern.


the Comfort and Joy mug rug of my own design.


November...
was a big finish for me. The Holly Jolly Tree Skirt
really put me in the Christmas spirit.

{I need to make another one for myself!}


and now it's December!

{Will I actually make something this month?  Stay tuned...}
Pin It

17 comments:

  1. How wonderful! A year filled with Christmas-y goodness...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all you made - I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each project is exquisite! How wise to make something every month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects. I really like all those Cherry Christmas projects. BTW Amy you should add your tutorials to page (the top menu) otherwise it's harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic projects! I think your decision to make stuff all year long was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea to make something christmassy every month. All your projects are very impressive...I really am finding it a li'l tricky choosing a favourite stitchery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of the gorgeous projects and gifts you have made this year! They are just so lovely and fresh and cute!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much holiday inspiration! I'm so glad you were able to keep up the monthly projects. It all pays off when it comes to December!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects and fabrics. It`s hard to choose only one favorite.Love all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for this splendid balance! I admired all at their time this year, but now I see them with other eyes. So many projects, ready now for Christmas! I'll put this on my wish list for the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea to sew for Christmas through the year! All your makes are beautiful and your fabric choices are sew festive!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas makes through the year have all been gorgeous, your home will look wonderful this year! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh........I love it all, Amy. All I can do is sigh heavily and enjoy your talent. It's just all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your makes are elegant and scream 'Amy made that'. How lovely to have achieved so much all through the year, rather than at the last minute. Like Cindy, I will just sigh ..... heavily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really enjoyed that year in review, such lovely things that you made but I am partial to that Snowflake pillow, the stockings, the mug rugs, the bag, the quilt, did I leave something out? What a great idea to sew along the whole year, you rock AMy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just look at all the pretties you made! Merry Christmas, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were super organised last year I am most envious. I am particularly taken with the lovely tree skirt.

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.