November 27, 2013

Have A Holly Jolly Tree Skirt!

It's the end of November,
and I no longer feel even the least bit funny about
stitching up something Christmas-y every month!

This month I finished a bigger project...


Here's Andy's pattern cover,
featuring a Christmas tree and everything.

{My tree is NOT up yet.}


For my version,
I used fabrics from Kate Spain's In From The Cold collection.
I chose 6 prints for the front of the tree skirt.

{Little Ginger photo-bombed me, under the table.}


At the end of the day,
I had my tree skirt top all pieced together.
Here it is, spray-basted and ready for quilting.


After another day,
I had the tree skirt all quilted,
and the binding was even finished.


On the back, and for the binding,
I used a red and white snowflake print
from the same fabric line.

{I'm so glad I have some yardage left over to make something for myself.}


I really love that cookie print,
reminding me of family cookies from Christmases past.


And these cocoa cups look like the ones my great-grandma
used in her restaurant...in my mind's eye, anyway.

{OK...her cups were solid white with green stripes,
but they were the same shape as these cups.}


The little label on the back will remind Val that I made this,
just for her.


It was easier than I expected to attach the binding
to all of the angles of the giant hexagon.


I chose to make ties from the binding fabric,
but you could use ribbon, too, as the pattern suggested.


Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!
Stop by soon for a wrap-up of my
Christmas projects from 2013.


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! Very cute and looks like it could be smaller or larger by adding or taking away rows! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a lovely decorations around the house for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Pretty! Val will love it, I am sure! Those fabrics are gorgeous and I really appreciated your honesty while describing the cocoa cups! I giggled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric line and it's perfect for your tree skirt! Bravo on getting that done before Thanksgiving!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will become a holiday keepsake for Val, I am sure! It is just beautiful! And so fun to look at the different fabrics! She will adore it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luky Val! Nice work, perfect project and your fabrics again, what can I say more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well don.It`s just awesome.Sure she will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! You did an amazing job! Where did you get your labels??? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable, Amy!! And you can never go wrong with making anything using Kate Spain's fabric!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you feel jolly! That was a jolly good job and so festive. I bet your tree is enjoying it too. Love those fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you got tagged by Kate Spain!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.