January 31, 2013

I {Heart} February

February is here, and it's my turn again to introduce
a new theme for the


Because of St. Valentine's Day,
February is the month for celebrating Love.

{Did you know my maiden name was Love?  
True story...that's how I chose my eamylove name,
meaning "electronic Amy Love", for my email address and shop on Etsy.}

It seems an obvious choice, but I've chosen the theme of 
HEART
for this month's sew along project.

{I embroidered this pillow a few years ago, from a Crabapple Hill pattern. I believe it's been discontinued, as it's not listed on the website.}


If you'd like to join the sew along this month,
all you need to do is make something featuring a HEART...
or two...
or lots of HEARTS!

{What is this thing I made?  Stay tuned for more information on a later post!}


Here's something I really want to make THIS year...



Count on The Patchsmith to provide LOTS more 
creative patterns with hearts! 

 {I think I love this one best!}


And my sister from Susie's Sunroom
has been busy crafting her own pattern for
a Heart Snowglobe Mug Rug!

{Visit her blog to find the link for a free pattern!}

Here are a few more pictures for inspiration...
follow me on Pinterest for more ideas!

For starters...I can't stop thinking about this new quilt
pattern from V and Company,






These little envelopes were made to hold letters to Santa,
but I think they would make
charming valentines...


Oh, and you don't HAVE to sew something from fabric...
look at this sweet stitching made with paper!
Christina Williams has a great tutorial for this lovely valentine.


You know how much I love me a pretty pillow,
and here's a great one with a tutorial 
by Amy Smart from Diary of a Quilter.


and then I'll stop...
this pillow has lots and lots of hearts...
and that turquoise one in the corner wins mine over!



I'll be back soon to show you what I'm making!



{Here's another sneaky peeky!}



{Hopefully I'll have more than one HEART project made by the end of the month!}

If YOU know of a great tutorial for February,
 please feel free to share the link in a comment!

Don't forget to join our Flickr group, to post your photos.

{We would "heart" to have you sew along with us!}



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I love Valentine's Day and hearts! So many cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a tease. I think you have made yourself padded knee warmers to keep your old bones warm and to stop them creaking. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all of the heart projects! I have been sewing a few things with hearts, but now I'm really inspired! Thanks for all of the great links - it seems I'm destined to for more hearts in my quilt room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I stumbled here today! i just finished my first heart project and added it to the group!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great projects. Thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have showcased a wonderful selection of ideas here with varying time and skill requirements. Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one, even if I am not able to reply to all of them.